Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Belated Mother's Day Post

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! I woke up to this:

from Porter.

He made it all by himself. I was impressed! I have been waiting for this to happen on Mother's day for 7+ years. Finally, I got my breakfast in bed! Getting breakfast from one of my kids just seemed like the sign which means I'm truly a mom and I'm really in the "mom groove". But you wonder "why not breakfast in bed from the dear husband?" Eh. I'm never going to get that from Jacob. The only time he ever wakes up before me is on the day after Thanksgiving to get some smokin' hot deals on electronics. :)

I also got hand painted bird houses from my 1st graders and lovely notes about how much they love me. And from my almost kindergartener I got our handprints together (I lent a "hand" imprint for this project) and a note about what he loves about me. Jacob got me Wii Fit and the Balance Board. Just what I wanted!

I got to talk with all my family, even my brother on a mission in Japan because we arranged a conference call with everyone.

For dinner I enjoyed sauteed chicken, aspargus, mashed red potatoes, atomic Kool-aid, and ice cream. YUMMY!

It was a wonderful day. I love being a mom and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I love the breakfast that smiles back. You sure have some great kidlets. And atomic kool-aid for dinner?! I am not sure what that is, but just reading the name you know that it is the perfect drink for mother's day. :)

    ReplyDelete