Saturday, March 6, 2010

Porter and Ethan's Baptism

On Sunday, February 28th, my oldest boys were baptized! I can't believe I'm old enough for 8 year olds. My parents and 2 youngest siblings were able to come from Alaska and Jacob's dad from California for the occasion. They were both baptized by my dad, Brian Smith, and confirmed by my dad (Porter) and Tim Huyck (Ethan). Tim gave a truly wonderful talk on the Holy Ghost. My little sis, McKenzie, gave the closing prayer and the Primary kids sang Baptism while we waited for them to change. Another boy was also baptized that evening, Matthew Bush.

We had a little open house afterwards with cookies and muffins for our friends. We invited the Garretts, Bates, Parkers, and Engs.

I was so happy and proud of them. I couldn't stop smiling. I'm so glad they made this decision to start on the path to return to their Father in Heaven. I love them a million, a million. It was a good day and went better than I could have imagined. 

Brian Smith, Jacob, Tim Huyck
Ethan, Ryan (my little brother), Elijah, Porter

3 comments:

  1. Look at all of those handsome boys! Elijah's hair looks about the same length as Steve's. :) What a great day and congrats to Porter and Ethan. Steve is making a tithing piggy bank for each of them so it might take a few weeks to get there. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Porter and Ethan! We're so proud of them! I can't believe your old enough to have 8 year olds either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Congratulations to them!!! What a treat the whole family was able to make it out!!! We wish we could have been there too!!! HUGE HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete